–Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (I love this one so much, don’t judge)
–Boris the Spider (obvi)
–The Quiet One
–Trick of the Light
-I know it’s kind of a stretch, but A Quick One because John’s falsetto at the end is too. much.
Nikki’s Top 5 Favorite Johnfacts:
-He had a thing for Irish wolfhounds (bonus pics).
-He played the trumpet & french horn – all of the brass parts you hear in The Who’s songs were arranged/played by John.
-He was blonde but dyed his hair black throughout the 60s-70s.
-He and Keith were BFFs (more bonus pics).
-He did the cover art for The Who By Numbers. More of his drawings are here, along with a funny autobio that he wrote just days before he died. :(
– The skeleton suit, an excellent example of “John does whatever the f@*& he wants”:
– The entire Smothers Brothers performance, but especially around this part:
– His bass-playing on The Real Me (UNREAL):
– The rogue lick at 0:23, and also the 2:40 mark of this video, when the rest of the band has finished and John just thunders away:
– And finally, this little montage: